- Build a good product.
- Have it do one thing and do it well.
- Cut all features that are not critical to the central idea
- Take your product and make it great.
- Do the things you wanted to do but didn't have time to do during stage one.
- Address the top customer issues
- Expand and Integrate
- Add features that allow your product to play well with other products
- Your product is not the center of the universe but by integrating with other products you move a step closer to the center.
- Allow developers to integrate and further expand your product
- This makes your product more valuable by allowing people to build on your foundation
- Spin off a related product
- It may have aspects of your core idea but it'll have a different spin, angle, target, customer
- Continue alternating minor and major revisions