Favorites on the popular twitter service have limited use. After being on the service for over a year I had managed to favorite only a few stories and checking with some others online it seemed that few people were making use of the feature as the feature was originally intended.
I’ve found a better way to use favorites. When reading from a mobile device I will ‘favorite’ a story that I want to read later. I then have an RSS subscription to my own favorites list. This means that I can ‘skim’ while mobile and read when I’m in front of a larger screen when I have more time. There are dedicated services for this idea such as ‘instapaper’ however favorites and RSS works great across all clients and don’t require any special tools.
With that here’s 10 of my recent favorites:
- RT @leebrimelow: Building iPhone applications using Flash CS5 - http://gotoandlearn.com/play?id=116
- chrisblizzard: The most amazing shuttle launch footage I have ever seen. Really. http://vimeo.com/7852885
- stephlemieux: Bridging physical and virtual navigation/IA: Apple & IKEA web vs. store wayfinding case studies http://bit.ly/uwJ58
- opetopic: learning a lot about promotion from “Winning iPhone Strategies”. Some interesting case studies.http://bit.ly/5i9kAd
- Dylan_Beadle: App Store pre-submission checklist: http://www.makayama.com/checklist.html #iPhoneDev
- Just uploaded a demo video for our next app. Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKJfg9X_xvY
- asgrodd: RT @angusdav: Brilliant as usual, andrew! RT @andrew_chen: New blog post: Product design debt versus Technical debt http://bit.ly/8xfHbV
- j_b_f: Ever seen a check for $9,000,000,000? http://bit.ly/6PVACK
- bussgang: Posted the video from my HBS talk: What Makes Boston’s Start-Up Scene Special?http://bit.ly/34LJR3
- IntoMobile: iPhone app success story: Pizza Hut generated $1 million in sales http://bit.ly/3KloLT
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me here.