I was figuring out some tax things and it struck me how complicated and backwards the tax system is. Imagine if the IRS was an electric company
- If the IRS was an electric company...You would have to compute your electric bill based on how much electricity you used last year and expected to use next year
- The more money you make the more expensive the electricity gets
- Electricity would change costs if you had more kids
- Electricity would cost more or less depending on if you used it for work or personal use.
- You would pay part of your electric bill twice. Once to your local electric company and the rest to the central electric company each would have different rules.
- The electric company would charge you differently if you where single or married
- If you owned a business you could be charged for the same electricity twice
- If you didn't pay your electric bill correctly the electric company could throw you in jail.
- You would never actually receive a bill, you have to read your own meter and correctly calculate your bill per Kilowatt hour.
- You would have to itemize your appliances
Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem paying taxes for government services that help this country grow. I just wish the system for doing so wasn't completely backwards.